Do you have a plan to help you teach your kids about money?
I’m not talking about coin and dollar amounts – your math curriculum has that covered. I mean how to use money in real life. Do you have a system in place to help you handle trips to the store that provoke the question, “Can I get this, mom?”
Last time we talked about Zone Work and I mentioned that we do not pay our children to do that work. That doesn’t mean our kids don’t have a stream of income, though. Listen today to find out why it’s so important to prepare your kiddos in this area and how you can teach your kids about money…without bribing them to do chores ;).
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why money doesn’t have to be tied to chores
- How to teach your kids about money in a practical way
- How to use organic experiences to teach lessons about money
- About a simple system to help your children organize their money
- How money relates to zone work
- What to do if your child wants to earn extra money
- How to handle monetary gifts