Are you looking for a better way to teach your child to do chores?
I’m talking about throwing away the sticker charts, being done with the bribery, and ending the arguments when you ask them if they’ve done their chores. I’m talking about reframing the whole concept of how and why you should teach your child to do chores and thinking about it in a new way (you might even say this is an “outside-the-box” approach ;)).
Zone Work is like the cooler, friendlier, more enjoyable cousin of chores. He’s still responsible. He still gets the job done. In fact, he’s even better trained in most areas. Zone work gives your child a sense of dignity over an area of the home they are in charge of. Zones unite the family pointing towards an end goal of having a happier home. Training your children in zone work will prepare them for the future so well that at the end of it, they could run a household on their own.
Join me today as I talk about making this shift in your home from chores to zone work and equip you with a system that will help your home run a little more smoothly all the while training your child in valuable life skills they will need in their adult years.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- When you should NOT start to implement zone work
- How to help your child get to a point he is ready for zone work
- How to train and teach your children valuable life skills that become habits
- Why it’s so important to focus in this area
- How to put buffers in your day to help motivate your children
- What happens if they don’t do their zones