I may have already lost you with the title…Charlotte Mason did exams?
She sure did. But to make peace with this, you’re going to have to first let go of what you probably think of when you think of “exams” in the traditional sense. I’m not talking about a high-pressure, stress-filled situation postured to see what your kiddos don’t know. I’m talking about celebrating the growth and discovering what is taking root in your child’s heart.
Exams are a great way to evaluate how your child is progressing in his education and a way to honor the hard work and effort he’s put forth over the term. Today I talk with Sonya about some very simple ways to weave exams into your homeschool in a way that celebrates the person he is becoming.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What Charlotte Mason was looking to evaluate during exams
- Why high-pressure exams are unnecessary
- Why celebrating growth is a perfect end to a term
- How holding your child accountable will help him to grow
- How making exams personalized will help you measure his growth
- How to easily write your own exam questions
- What an exam week could look like in your homeschool