Homeschooling High School…what is it about this phrase that makes even the most confident homeschool mama shake in her boots a little? The expectations seem to go through the roof. The pressure from the elusive yet always present critics “out there” seems to double. And the group of moms who’ve gone ahead of you who have the credibility to cheer you on seems to thin out drastically the longer you homeschool.
Melissa McMahan – YouTube host and mother of five lovely daughters – has homeschooled from the beginning and is still going strong with high schoolers in the mix and she’s here to tell you…don’t give up. High school can be a really wonderful and rewarding time with your children despite the extra weight that it brings.
Join us today as Melissa encourages us to find the joy in homeschooling our children during high school and use it as a time of connection and preparation for their launch into the world.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why you should take the high school years seriously…but not in a fearful way
- How humility is the secret trick to homeschooling high school
- How mom’s role shifts in the high school years
- How to have a “together time” in the high school years
- How the high school years look when you have younger ones
- The value of car time
- Why homeschooling high school is ideal for OTB kids
- Why you shouldn’t quit before the harvest
- All about the coolest field trip Melissa ever took her girls on
- How to get prepared to launch your kids into the world