What thoughts and feelings come to mind when you think of foreign language study? Conjugations? Vocab charts? Drudgery? Awkwardly trying to piece together a sentence with the few words you’ve learned? For many of us, the topic of studying a language brings back unpleasant memories from high school or college in a class we took to meet a certain requirement for graduation and nothing more.
Adelaide Olguin – homeschool mom and creator of TalkBox.Mom – had a similar experience but she wanted more for her family. Adelaide wanted her whole family to be able to learn a new language in a way that was organic, purposeful, and fun. She wants her family – and yours – to experience the world, including some of its languages (11 options to date!), and will even have you talking a foreign language the same day you start.
Join us today as Adelaide shares about her curriculum, TalkBox.Mom. Whether you’ve been homeschooling for years or you’re just getting started, she will open your mind to a better way to teach foreign language – one that is natural and mimics the way we all learned our first language with the help of the very best teachers of language…moms.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why learning a foreign language by hearing from a native speaker and speaking without inhibition is the best way to start
- Why any mom can teach her children a foreign language
- How to decide which language to start with
- How to layer your study to learn multiple languages
- Adelaide show you how the program works by saying “I’m hungry” in seven different languages
- how you can get this fantastic curriculum at a discount with a special coupon code just for my listeners