Are you raising effective communicators?
Andrew Pudewa is a well-known name in the homeschool world and for good reason. His ideas on effective communication and the four arts of language – listening, speaking, reading, and writing – have helped to shape our homeschool over the years.
I’m excited to share with you today some practical and thought-provoking ideas on how to help your child – no matter what his challenges – to become a more effective communicator and to understand why it’s so important.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- how you can help your children to grow in their thinking and communication skills
- how the Four Arts of Language will make you think differently about Language Arts
- why age and ability have little to do with each other
- why IEW’s products work so well with all children, no matter what their challenges
- Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW)
- Suzuki Method
- Andrew’s “Nurturing Competent Communicators” Talk
- Sarah Mackenzie and the Read-Aloud Revival
- “Jabberwocky” by Lewis Carroll
- “Trees” by Joyce Kilmer
- The Four Language Arts: Listening
- The Four Language Arts: Speaking
- The Four Language Arts: Reading
- The Four Language Arts: Writing
- The Arts of Language Podcast